Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Riri Hearts MAC Lipsticks


I purchased all three of the lipsticks from the Riri <3 MAC collection. (From L to R they are: Riri Woo, Riri Boy, & Heaux) Let me start off by saying Ruby Woo is my FAVORITE red lipstick of all time. I think it was great for this collection to feature that color as Riri Woo! I hate when MAC has an amazing color in a collection and then you can never get it again. What is the point?! I heard that Riri Woo's formula was slightly different from that of Ruby Woo but that the color was the same .To me, they are exactly the same. I do not find that Riri Woo is any more moist than Ruby Woo so I don't personally see the difference from this "Retro Matte" finish vs. MAC's regular "Matte" finish. I like the lipsticks a lot and I will definitely wear Riri Woo and Heaux a lot more than Riri Boy.
I do think Riri boy is a perfect color though for the time of year this collection was released. This brings me to my biggest "complaint" about this collection...The colors, to me, were better suited for the fall or even winter. I feel the same about the finishes of the lipsticks as well. I think Riri Woo should obviously always have a matte finish but I feel like MAC should have given the other two colors a different finish OR released the collection later this year. Obviously you can wear all colors whenever the heck you want to, I just think it would have come off better as a fall collection.
I love that Matte lipsticks stay in place and almost never get on your teeth but I REALLY wish that Heaux and Riri Boy were given different finishes, preferably cremesheen or satin! For me, it's the summer and I want to wear something that feels moist on my lips, not something dry which is what matte finishes tend to do.
All in all I love the entire collection and I love that it was a small collection and I was able to purchase one of everything. Hope you all get to try at least one of these out!!
xo Luann

No comments:

Post a Comment