Monday, April 29, 2013

Ever Wonder How To Keep Your Makeup On Your Face All Day?

Primer. Primer. Primer.


Everyone is always asking me how I get my makeup to stay on (all day) perfectly so, I figured I would share my secret with everyone…*drumroll please*…PRIMER!! I wear a foundation primer as well as an eyelid primer every single time I wear makeup! I really think it’s pointless to go through all the effort of putting on makeup if your skin is not properly prepped. FYI Apply foundation primer after moisturizing and BEFORE any makeup application.
Currently, my favorite foundation primer is Benefit’s “POREfessional Primer.” It’s oil free and actually helps reduce the appearance of pores and fine wrinkles. It makes your skin feel silky smooth and actually helps maintain a matte finish to your skin throughout the day. Most importantly, it helps keep your makeup in place ALL DAY LONG! ($30.00)

My second favorite foundation primer is Smashbox’s “Photo Finish Light Primer” (aka the white bottle). This actually used to be my favorite primer of all time. But then I discovered Benefit’s primer which is about $6.00 less in price. I really can’t say one bad thing about this primer at all! I think that it offers a little less coverage to pores because the primer is translucent whereas Benefit’s primer is beige in color. Just like Benefit’s primer Photo Finish Light helps maintain a matte finish to your skin. ($36.00)

As far as eyelid primers go there is only one primer, in my opinion, that matters and it's Urban Decay’s “Primer Potion”in the original formula (aka the purple tube). This is hands down a makeup MUST HAVE!! Don’t even waste your time with eye shadow if you are not priming your lids with this first. You will NEVER have eyeshadow creasing on your lids again! I cannot stress enough what a wonderful product this truly is. It holds your shadow in place and prevents eyelids from getting greasy (which is what leads to creasing). This product also provides an amazing base to your eyeshadow to allow you to get the most saturated color out of your shadow application. The original primer is relatively translucent once applied. Urban Decay also sells three other formulas; a more opaque primer called “Eden," a metallic primer with gold undertones called “Greed,” and a metallic primer with pink undertones called “Sin.” No matter what look you are trying to achieve with your shadow, they have something for everyone! You can even use the metallic primers as eye shadow on their own, that’s how pretty they are!

  • Here’s an important tip for eyelid primer application: Make sure to apply primer to your eyelids as well as the area on your lower eyelid too (under lower eyelashes)! You want to have surrounded your entire eye with primer that way any place you decide to apply shadow it will stay in place. FYI I always apply eyelid primer after all foundation, concealer, and powders are applied. Obviously, apply primer BEFORE eyeshadow. ($20.00)

I can’t tell you how many people assume (since I’m a makeup junkie) that I always carry makeup on me. I always get asked if I have a bronzer, powder, blush or mascara to borrow, and the truth is I NEVER carry ANY makeup with me (well, besides lip stuff) nor do I ever reapply. I do my makeup early in the morning and it lasts me my entire work day and even through a night out (which includes dancing and sweating, TMI, I know). The most I will do is gently blot my face to absorb any shine, but that is it! I truly believe that I have my primers to thank for this!

I hope this helps anyone who has ever felt that their makeup slides off their face halfway through the day! (Questions and comments are always appreciated!)

xo Luann
To see my makeup & makeover pics click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment