Friday, April 26, 2013

Lashes For Days...

Ever wondered how to get the perfect lashes without all the hassle of gluing on fake ones?!


Well, I totally have some amazing tips to show you how...Click here to check out my makeup pics and more!


MASCARA
First things first, it's important to have good mascara! I DO NOT believe that one single mascara can do it all so, I've always combined 2-3 mascaras. The two I have not stopped using since I was 16 years old are Lancome's Definicils (not waterproof) and Hypnose Drama (not waterproof). I have found drugstore brands that can replace the Hypnose, but NOTHING can replace Definicils (in my opinion). Anyway, whatever brand you chose, make sure to find one mascara that lengthens/defines and another one that volumizes.

APPLICATION 
The key to amazing lashes is to curl them!!! You will NEVER achieve as good of a look without curling them, I promise you! The best kept secret to creating the perfect-long-lasting-curl is to heat up your eyelash curler with the blowdryer! Let the blowdryer heat up the curler for 10-15 seconds. Be sure to test the curler on your hand before you put it on your eyelid and burn yourself. Just like all of our favorite hair tools, the eyelash curler works wonders with heat! Now, curl your lashes alternating between pulsing grips and long holds, do this for 30-40 seconds per eye. (any eyelash curler is fine, the brand I use is MAC)

Once you've curled your lashes it is time to apply mascara. Start with your defining mascara, apply it all over both of your upper eyelashes and then apply it to both lower lashes (NO dipping the wand back in the bottle in between). Then, follow this up by applying your volumizing mascara the same way you did with the defining one. Once both are applied comb your lashes out to eliminate any clumps. I SWEAR by my 1997 Revlon Everylash mascara comb! This product isn't made anymore but you can find it on eBay (Sephora also sells eyelash combs). When you are done combing your lashes out, repeat the mascara application again. That's a total of 4 applications, 2 of each mascara (for a night out I will even do a 3rd coat). Comb lashes out again and, voilĂ  you're all done! (*Note: I always do lashes after all my eyeshadow is applied. But, if you tend to get a lot of mascara on your lids, you should do your lashes first and then do your eye makeup)

Everyone has always complimented me on my lashes and, I'm confident that anyone can achieve the same look using these simple steps!! 

(Click here to see my makeup pics and more!)

xo Luann


No comments:

Post a Comment